Friday, July 4, 2008

Accepting the Challenge

Apologies to anyone who got multiples of my last blog. I was having trouble with the fonts and had to republish several times. And still didn't get it figured out. Oh well.

One thing I have learned working with a personal coach is that it pays handsomely to be accountable for what you say you are going to do. In this vein, I am, of course, accepting Bob Doyle's challenge to focus on at least one thing I want to attract into my life, allowing it to come into my life, and I will do it publicly so there's no backing out! At least not easily and without losing face.

One huge challenge that I have is maintaining an abundance mindset. While I truly believe that there is abundance, lately I have been hearing a little voice from my upbringing that tells me that money is tight, I have to be frugal, I have to work hard to have enough to get by. Both of my parents are still alive and I am still getting this message every time I talk to them. And even though their influence has waned considerably as I've become and adult, some of these things are pretty deep seated.

Alana and I have had a couple of talks about this subject over the last couple of days and she has similar stories from her youth. I would venture a guess that this is quite common. So that is why I've decided to make this the focus of my challenge. It's easily measurable which makes mid-course corrections more obvious. And I would love any and all feedback you can give me, dear readers. Perhaps this is something we can overcome together.

The Challenge officially starts July 20th. Looking forward to seeing you there.

No comments: